When: Saturday, December 11, 2021 from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Where: KOA Parking Lot (3727 W. 6th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90020)
Almost 30 years ago, KYCC staff saw a need in the community to support struggling families and make sure they can all have a happy memory of the holiday season. We started a small tradition that has grown over the decades to serve up to 3,000 attendees.
This year, due to the pandemic our usual carnival will instead be a walk-thru event for current clients and residents of our affordable housing only, as well as their siblings. Only children ages 0-10 will receive a gift (sorry, our supplies and inventory are limited!). Resources and art and crafts kits will also be given out, as well as entertainment and photo opportunities. In order to ensure that the hundreds of families we serve all have an opportunity to participate, and to ensure safety, families will have about 5-6 minutes in the event itself. The event time will be 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., with clients receiving their assigned arrival times a week prior to the event.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- How do I register my clients?
- Please use this link. Please note, only staff should be registering clients. The registration link is not for public distribution and closes at the end of day on Friday, December 3rd.
- What about parking?
- Carnival attendees may use street parking (please note posted signs) or park at the St. Basil Catholic Church parking lot located at 648 S. Harvard Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90005 next to the JJ Grand hotel. Please note, church spaces are limited and attendees may only park there while they are at the event – any remaining cars may be towed at the owners expense.
- Can siblings of KYCC clients receive toys?
- Yes! However, toys are only for children ages 0-10.
- Can I volunteer?
- At the moment, only staff may register at this link during the priority period ending 11/29. After staff registration, additional slots may be opened to current KYCC volunteers if there are openings. Please do note distribute this link outside of KYCC staff until directed to do so.
- When will my clients receive confirmation of their arrival time?
- Early during the week of 12/6.
- Do we have any flyers?
- I have more questions! Also, what is the meaning of life?
- Check with your unit rep or contact Ernie Yoshikawa at email@example.com.