Enhanced Care Management
Enhanced Care Management (ECM) is a new statewide Medi-Cal benefit that is available at KYCC, free of cost.
ECM is a whole-person-centered approach to healthcare that aims to improve quality of care and reduce costs by supporting high-risk and high-needs members. ECM services involve a multidisciplinary team of professionals who work collaboratively to identify and address your physical, emotional, and social needs. The goal of ECM is to improve patient outcomes, reduce hospital readmissions and promote patient satisfaction with their care experience.
Enrollees have a single Enhanced Care Manager who will coordinate care to help you:
- Stay engaged in your health care
- Connect with your doctors about the services you get, as well as your needs and wishes
- Connect to services such as food, housing support, job training, income stability, legal aide, and more
- Transportation to doctors and specialists
- Learn how to better manage your health
- Move safely from one care setting to another, such as in and out of a hospital or nursing home, to where you live
- Reconnect with your support people so they know how to help you
- Support and advocacy in the hospital and when discharged
- You are 18 through 80+ years of age
- You have Medi-Cal under LA Care insurance
- You have a mental health condition
- You struggle with drug or alcohol use
Email Ambar Gomez at ECMreferrals@kyccla.org for more information about our services.