- This event has passed.
In-Person: VITA Volunteer Information Session
November 30, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Do you have a passion to help others and would you like to learn a new, useful skill? Join us for a life changing volunteer experience!
Your community needs volunteers to prepare basic income tax returns to bring millions of dollars back to Los Angeles. The Volunteer Income Tax Assistant (VITA) Program helps working families and seniors file a tax return, claim millions in tax credits, and connect them to other wealth building services (like financial coaching, savings programs, and financial education) to make their refund last all year!
VITA Orientation Highlights:
- Learn about all the different volunteer positions (not all positions require tax preparation)
- Hear directly from past volunteers
- Learn how to access free training
- Pro Bono, CE & CRA credits for professionals
- Q/A Session & Study Guides