Kang Dream Foundation Scholarship
The Kang Dream Foundation and the Koreatown Youth and Community Center are partnering to support up to 50 students whose lives have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Please find all information at our online application webpage: https://bit.ly/kdf2020
$1,000 (one-time award)
- Award criteria is based on financial impact and need due to COVID-19.
- Applicant must be an incoming college student or currently enrolled in a college/graduate school.
- Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in coursework already completed.
- The full amount of the scholarship fund must be spent during the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Scholarship fund must be used towards expenses directly related to your education (i.e., tuition, fees, books, and course-required supplies and equipment).
- Please note that should you use the scholarship on an indirect cost (i.e., room and board, travel, research, or non-course-related equipment/supplies, etc.), the scholarship must be reported as an income on your tax return, and the appropriate taxes must be paid at your expense. This also applies if your parent or legal guardian is filing with you as a dependent.
- International students are not eligible.
Application Procedure: Please upload the following information via the form below in PDF format:
- Applicant Statement (typed 500 words, double-spaced)Please include financial difficulties due to COVID-19.
- Copy of letter of acceptance or other proof of college/graduate study enrollment
- Copy of unofficial or official transcript
- One (1) Letter of Reference/Recommendation
The deadline for 2020-2021 has passed.
Awardees will be announced in mid-September 2020.
Please contact Lisa Kim at email@example.com with any questions or for additional information.