Training: Intake Manager Orientation
December 7 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Join us to learn more more! Have a passion to help others? Would you like to learn a new, useful skill? Your community needs volunteers to bring millions of dollars back to Los Angeles. The Volunteer Income Tax Assistant (VITA) Program helps working families and seniors file a tax return, claim million in tax credits, and connect them to other services to make their refund last all yearlong.
VITA Intake Orientation Highlights:
- Learn about all the intake volunteer positions (these positions do not require tax preparation)
- Learn how to access your Volunteer Standard of Conducts – Refreshments & Q/A Session Intake Managers
- Collect required tax documents from clients.
- Create a tax file by making photocopies of the tax documents (i.e. photo ID, social, income forms, etc.).
- Provide general assistance and site management at the center.
- Make phone calls to clients to remind them of their appointment and what to bring.
Benefits of Volunteering Volunteers have a great time – hang out with other volunteers! Help low-income families that rely on this free service. Enjoy snacks!
Minimum requirement to serve is successful completion of the Volunteers Standards of Conduct (VSC) & Intake/Quality Review certification tests:
- VSC Training and Test – https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p4961.pdf
- Intake/Quality Review Training and Test – https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p5101.pdf
- Submit test answers – www.linklearncertification.com
Bring the Volunteer Standards of Conduct Agreement (available on the test page) and photo identification to this orientation training. Please, use your legal name on your VSC agreement.
Parking Instructions: Free parking is available behind our building after 6pm. – the entrance is on Harvard Blvd.