- This event has passed.
Los Angeles Law Library- Dealing With an Income Tax Dispute
October 27, 2018 @ 3:30 pm - 4:30 pmFree
Income tax problems can affect anyone, regardless of income, employment status, age, or education level. Unlike many other debt collectors, the government has the power to levy your bank accounts, take your property, and garnish your wages. That’s why, when dealing with the IRS, it is important to know your rights and all your options so that you can ensure the best possible outcome in your case.
This presentation will provide information to people who owe or may owe federal income taxes, with a focus on taxpayers’ rights.
- Taxpayer Bill of Rights
- What time limits does IRS have to audit or collect taxes
- What to do when taxpayers get audited by the IRS
- Petitioning the US Tax Court if you disagree with the IRS’s determination
- What options if you cannot pay the IRS right away
- How can taxpayers avoid tax problems
- Where to go if you need extra help
- Joanne H. Kim, Managing Attorney, Koreatown Youth and Community Center (KYCC)
LA Law Library does not provide legal advice:
LA Law Library does not provide legal advice. LA Law Library provides legal resources and assistance with legal research as an educational service. The information presented in this program is not legal advice and is provided solely as an educational service to our patrons. For legal advice, you should consult an attorney.