Get Free Tax Help
KYCC’s Volunteer Tax Assistance (VITA) Program, provided by our Community Economic Development unit, offers free tax help to people who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
In 2017, our VITA clinic will open on Jan. 23. Since its inception in 2006, KYCC’s VITA program has been one of the leaders in providing free tax preparation services for the Los Angeles community.
“It’s estimated that 20% of L.A. County residents are not claiming the Federal and State Earned Income Tax Credits (EITC) who qualify. That’s $566 million dollars not coming back to families and our communities,” reports Audrey Casillas, KYCC Senior Financial Case Manager.
In order to qualify for free income tax preparation, families must have simple tax needs and make less than $60,000 a year. Last year, VITA assisted 4% of EITC recipients in Los Angeles County. Tax preparation clinics typically costs $50-$250.
Koreatown Youth and Community Center
Book Online or call (323) 909-1975
What do I need to bring to the tax clinic?
- All tax filers must be present
- Photo Identification for all tax filers
- Social Security Cards or ITIN letters for tax filers & dependents
- All income forms, like W-2s and 1099s, and total cash income
- Proof of credits like form 1098T for college expenses, letter from daycare provider, and name/phone number of landlord
- Proof of deductions for your home, donations, medical expenses and expenses for self-employment
- Bank account & routing number for direct deposit
For more information, please visit http://www.volunteertaxprep.com